We ask that you take a stack of raffle books for your team. Ask the players to sell at least 10 tickets each. Collect the money from them and then return it to your designated representative. There will be one person for baseball and one person for softball that will be designated as the primary contact. There will be a prize for the team that sells the most raffle tickets and a prize for all players that sell more than 20 raffle tickets.
We ask that you contact your extended family members and neighbors to sell them a raffle ticket. Each player has a goal of at least 5 tickets sold. There is a prize for those selling at least 20 raffle tickets.
Top Selling Team: Pizza party at Vinny’s Pizza and Ice Cream at Vanilla Bean. 16 coaches and players.
All players selling 20 or more raffle tickets. $5.00 gift card at Dairy Queen
Official Rules and Regulations The proceeds from this raffle will benefit the Cranford Baseball Softball League. Tickets will be sold throughout the community, at all CBSL fields and events. Raffle will be $10 per ticket.
1. Employees (and their immediate family members) of PADD are not eligible to win.
2. The raffle is open to legal residents of the United States who are age 18 and over and are licensed drivers.
3. A maximum of 10,000 tickets will be sold.
4. No additional purchase (donation, admission, membership etc.) is necessary to purchase raffle tickets.
5. There is no limit to the number of tickets an individual may purchase, up to the maximum number of tickets available.
6. Tickets must be filled out in the name of a single individual.
7. Tickets are non-refundable.
8. Ticket sales will cease at 12:00pm on Saturday, June 8, 2019 or when 10,000 tickets are sold.
9. The winner will be selected at a random drawing on June 8, 2019 between 12:00 am – 4 pm. Entrants do not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by phone according to the contact information provided at the time of entry. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, fails to respond within 7 calendar days, fails to otherwise qualify for the prize and /or declines the prize, an alternate winner will be selected. If not claimed within 7 calendar days of notification, the winner designee will forfeit any rights to the prizes and the same will be awarded to an alternate winner.
10. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. If a winner elects not to accept a prize, no substitution or exchange for cash or other goods will be provided.
11. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless CBSL, its respective subsidiaries, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. Except where prohibited, participation in the raffle constitutes winner’s consent to CBSL, their sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. CBSL reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the raffle, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond CBSL’s reasonable control which impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the raffle, as determined by CBSL in its sole discretion. CBSL reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the raffle process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, CBSL reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. CBSL’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by raffle purchasers, printing errors or by any of the programming associated with or utilized in the raffle; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or hard/software ;(3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the raffle process; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the raffle or the processing of raffle ticket purchases; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from raffle purchaser’s participation in the raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a raffle ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, a ticket purchaser’s sole remedy is another ticket in the raffle, provided that if it is not possible to award another ticket due to discontinuance of the raffle, or any part of it, for any reason, CBSL, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible raffle ticket stubs up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed the museum reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
15. Except where prohibited, raffle purchasers agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this raffle any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate New Jersey Court located in Trenton, NJ, U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will raffle ticket purchasers be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and CBSL in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
18. The prize winner list and/or a copy of these Official Rules, can be obtained by sending a hand-printed, scanned request to Jennings.Michel14@gmail.com. Winner list requests must be received by December 31, 2019.